HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Church Hopping...

That is a term I didn't not grow up with.

As a young woman, I found St. Mary's...and I was ruined for mass anywhere else. In the meantime, if you had a football game or a family party on Sunday, you could always hit the "5" on Saturday night at any one of the parishes in our area. No one ever questioned it. Mass was mass no matter where you went.

Well, I had my very own Protestant Reformation close to 14 years ago now. We started out in the Baptist church, but it was like being a kid in a candy store...so many to choose from! How about those Methodists? The Presbyterians? Episcopal? Lutheran? Assemblies of God?

But don't "Church Hop" was the biggest warning we received. Being a newbie, I knew it had to be bad, just by the tone. It takes a couple of years to get vested in a church....be aware~said with a scary voice from a bad cartoon.

Fast forward to 2012. I was asked by a dear friend if I was church hopping now. I am way to old now to even care if we are. If the church we are in can not meet the needs of our family and we cannot meet the needs of the church we are in do we stay? I did that...for years because I was afraid of church hopping! I think I was more afraid of being accused of it than doing it.

I have this thing, crammed into my head and my heart by my mom for years and years~absolute truth. Always seek out absolute truth. Do not settle for anything less. I know exactly how to find it and how to hear from God on it, with out a doubt. It does, however take four very important steps...don't mess them up!

1)Get a bible.
2)Open the bible.
3)Read the bible.
4)Do what it says.

After a season of feeling like I was playing biblical Whack-A-Mole...I remembered what I forgot, Absolute Truth is not that hard to find.

Something else I was raised on: When the hand clapping, arm waiving and foot stomping stops, and it will for one season or another, what will you have? Well I found out: Absolute Truth and it is still there.

Be blessed all,