HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Monday, June 22, 2009

Restoration...

Psalm 31:3 "Since You are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of Your name lead and guide me."


When I first started this blog, it was in response to several people who are in this season, actively caring for parents or who had just lost a parent. I wanted to so much to serve. There was only one problem, I didn't ask first.
I was in the middle of discovering that even when I want to do great things for God, it requires His anointing, not mine. Sometimes our great things for God are not what He called us to. We can grapple with doing something, but ultimately, we must submit to His will.
Case in point: When Mom had been on the vent a number of years, her Aunt Molly began to have health issues. Aunt Molly had helped raise my mom. When Mom's, father was very ill with spinal meningitis, she lived with Aunt Molly for a while.
Mom felt it was her job to help take care of her. There was only one glitch: Mom was on a vent and I was her hands and feet. At the time, I was in nursing school, and working as well as taking care of Mom. I wanted to help, but just could not. It was that one too many thing on the plate for me. I remember praying about it at the time and knowing I just could not take it on.
Mom was not happy about my "no" to this aspect of service.
But the truth is that when we get busy doing good things, for God without His ability and grace, we fail.
But there is another piece of truth here as well. When we are convinced that we are the only ones who can do it, we deny someone else the opportunity to serve. If we take on all the "good things for God" in our world, we get in the way of what God may have planned for someone else to do.
That explanation did not thrill Mom at the time.

Now that the book is finished and we are ready to publish, I sense the Lord releasing me to this project. Funny His timing is always better than mine. I pray it blesses.

How about you?
Are there things you are doing, some very good things, that may be outside the will of God for you to be doing? Could you be denying someone else the opportunity to serve? Are you willing to put aside even good things and ask our Heavenly Father to show you His will?

Lets pray:
Father in the name of Jesus, thank you for being so patient. Lord You alone are our strength. Without You, we fail. Your Word promises to lead us and guide us. We know You love our enthusiasm to serve You! But You also want us to listen, to know Your will for us. You love our obedient hearts. Lord we lay our lives before You and ask You to show us each day, where You would have us serve. We ask You to make our paths clear, that we might not fail. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

PS I will try to restore the older posts. Just give me some time to figure that part out!

No comments: