HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Vote...

Sabbath: Vote On Abortionby Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)

This is it. It seems that Speaker Nancy Pelosi is almost done twisting arms and leadership has just announced a vote in as little as 72 hours. That would make the final vote this Sunday.

I am abhorred that Pro-life democrats are asked to vote on a pro-abortion mandate this Sunday, the Sabbath. This is the Easter season for Christians, a period of time called lent. Speaker Pelosi is demanding pro-life Democrats profane the Sabbath with a vote that will force all Americans to pay for other people’s abortions. This is a first in American history and a new low for Speaker Pelosi and President Obama.


I don't think I can say it better then that. Notice they did the last vote on Christmas Eve...now there is a slap in the face if ever there was one.
I won't hide the fact that I am completely pro-life. There is no excuse, ever.

I heard one commentator explain that while some people have begun to tune it out, that they are wearied by the constant talk of health care, they will have to get use to it. IF this thing passes, we will forever talk about health care, just like they do in Canada, England and Ireland. We will talk about how to make the lines and waits shorter, how to get more doctors, will nurses strike, etc, etc, etc.
As I've written before, I know life with out insurance. Mom had no insurance the last two years on the vent and no, she would not have lived longer had we had insurance. The doctor still made a yearly house call, we took care of the vent, she got her meds...it cost us, but she got plenty of care.
I had no insurance as a student nurse and the first six months I was working. I survived it. This reform is not about helping people, it is about control. It breaks my heart...there is reform that needs to take place but this is not it.
God save us from ourselves as a nation.

No comments: