HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Taking it on the chin...

Sunday morning, I woke up with a boo-boo on my chin. No idea how I got said boo-boo. This morning, I woke up with a new boo-boo on the other side of my chin. I did ask John if he has been beating on me in my sleep. He "claims" to have no idea what I am talking about. Aha. Maybe my watch has scratched me in my sleep? My rings? Yes, I sleep with them on. I am far to ADD to remember to take them off AND to put them back on the next day. Duh. Still, no idea how I got these marks. Got me to thinking. Of course it did. Anyway, it got me to thinking about something God had shown me in His Word recently. Wann'a come take a look? Of course you do.

"He also said, “This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come.” (Mark 4:26-28)

"whether he sleeps or gets up, the see sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain..."

Have you ever been in one of those quiet seasons when you just don't know what to do next? No? This may not be the blog for you.

I have. Don't like them much. I am in one right now and I am itching for a project. I adored the House Wyne Event. Loved every minute of it. But now it is sooooooooo quiet in my life. Not that God is. I am just itching for something to do.

But I have this conviction to do the last thing I know He told me to do and that last thing I know that He told me to do, is to be quiet. Almost like it is a season of sleep. Have you noticed the blog is awful quiet? No? That's because all ten of you have not seen me on Facebook or Twitter over the last 37 days. Lent and all of that. ;)

I love that the verse says that The Soil grows the seed with out the farmer knowing how...maybe The Soil doesn't need any manure from the farmer either.

But this may wind up being a blog for recipes and crafts if something doesn't sprout soon!
 

2 comments:

Melissa Divelbiss said...

All I have to say is ENJOY THE QUIET! 'Cause when it gets busy again, you'll be longing for it! :-)

Maryellen said...

LOL! I know, I know. I am busy with busy work but not with what I am itching to do...although I am not sure what the itch is to be honest! I wonder what will grow from that Soil? Something pretty important I am sure! Miss you!