HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Thursday, January 27, 2011

What a week!

Is it over yet? Seriously, it should be over soon...I think it is Thursday but that is just a guess!

The prep work for House Wyne is both exciting and rewarding. God has been so good to give such clear direction and assurance at every step, that this is almost too easy to be a big deal...except that it is. He has made it very clear that there would be a price to pay for having the audacity to share the Gospel...and there has been. But it has been mostly personal...remember, I don't share everything on the darn blog! But the event itself has been such a joy to watch Him go about His business and the pleasure of being included in His work is beyond description.

On the home front we are into day 8 of frozen pipes. That means no dishes can be done and no laundry...thankful we can at least shower and use the toilet.
VERY THANKFUL!
But it has been a challenge to be thankful that I can do dishes in the tub...and washing clothes on a rock in the in the bath tub is harder than you might think.


The whole thing has forced a schedule on me that I am not sure I like, but it has created a need for organization that is not my gift in the first place. Two days a week at the laundromat and each person must immediately wash, dry and put away any plate, spoon or glass they use. No chance for getting backed up because there would be no where to put it.
It is not very often that the laundry is this organized either. Everyone knows exactly what they are wearing the following day because they have to. I kind of like that. I may just stick with this part! Although schlepping wet laundry from the laundromat to my dryer at home is not as much fun as you may think...did I mention the kids are home on a two hour delay again today? Yes, of course they are.
Don't get me wrong, I like having them home and around. Remember we use to homeschool. It is just that doing this whole, "snow, again" thing with out a routine messes up my routine. Am I kvetching again? Yeah, I probably am. Oh well. By the way, I love that spell check can tell me the proper way to spell "kvetching" but it can't tell me when I use the wrong spelling of "than." Aha.
So the starving artist in me is behind on both my blog and Blissfully Domestic as well. I suppose there are times we put aside what we love in order to do what we have to do for the ones we love...profound huh? Yeah, that is why you read the blog...it can be deeper than a Californian on quaaludes.
When Jesus said to lay down our burdens, did that include our laundry and dishes? Have a blessed day all...and go lay hands on your dishwasher and washing machine. Praise God for them while I meditate on living in 1800's house.

Bitter, Mair. Sounding very bitter indeed. ;)

No comments: