HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Friday, October 2, 2009

Battle...

"But Jesus immediately said to them: "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid." Mtthew 14:27

You know the moment. The seize of your heart when your it drops into your stomach. The moment when your worst nightmare comes true. That moment when your worst case scenario is before you. We've all had them and we are changed because of them....
I know those moments in my life...the moment a young man walked into my house on a hot a August night with a knife; the moment my mom took her last breath; the moment the tests proved that the baby I was carrying was gone; the moment I was on the phone with St. John's hospital ER and learned my dad was on life support with little time left. There have been too many others to list, but those are some of the biggest. Today I face a new one as we wait to see what will become of a scary situation...
God is still God.
He is still crazy about me.
I am wild about Him.
I've not been dropped, I am not forgotten, He never for a moment said: "Oops, didn't' see that one coming."
Many months ago, I heard that still small voice telling me: "You have been proven faithful." My immediate response was: "To what?" He didn't' answer. But every time I thought on the fact that my God sees me as faithful, I smile...and smile...and smile.
So I stand in faith. I won't let fear gain one inch in me...not one. I will "Take courage" for I know it is mine to take. I know He has me and my family, just as He always has.

The other night I played "Going on a bear hunt" with Maggie...You know the game and if not please Google it, it is so fun. I was shocked to learn that she had never played it in her ripe old age of five and a half. So we sat Indian style (we don't have to sit criss cross apple sauce because we home school, so we don't have to PC here in my room) and we began on our trek, going on a bear hunt, not afraid, because we have our gun. When we get through the high grass, over the wall and swim through the river, we meet eye ball to eye ball in the dark cave with the bear and RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We run because we are afraid after all.
This morning, as I face eye ball to eye ball with the worst, I'm not afraid, I can't shoot at this anyway, but still, I'm not afraid because my God is my rear guard.

How about you?
Are you very afraid? Of what? Will He be any less God if your worst fears are before you? Will you tell Him you are very afraid and believe that He knows? Will you trust Him even if you come eyeball to eyeball with your worst fear?

Let's pray:
Father in the name of Jesus, we pray. We stand against the enemy of our souls, shrouded in the full armor of God with the Sword of Truth to do battle. Lord, You are God and while we ask that these things that scare us pass us by, we stand knowing that You are no less God. We are the army of God and though we may be wounded in the battle, we know our victory rests in You. In Your name, we pray. Amen and amen.

No comments: