HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Bright Light! Bright Litght!"

"The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it." (John 1:5) NIV

Have ya' ever? I sure have. What? You don't see where I am going yet? Okay, hang on.

I had no intention of having a deep moment with from the Word one morning on Spring break. I was waiting for Liz as she went on her first job interview. I went to sit in the car and picked up a pocket bible left in the car. I was just flipping pages when I came to the Gospel of John. I had read it a million times. But that one line jumped off the page at me and it felt like I had never read it before. As Beth Moore would put it, "I got me a fresh revelation of The Word!"

I've come to the conclusion that if I can't understand something, it is one of two things: either I am in sin or God has not chosen to explain it. Darkness is confused by the Light, not the other way around. Ours is a God of order. There is no chaos or confusion. He may simply be teaching you something new or you may have to ask Him to check your heart for any sin you may not have noticed. I wonder if it is like when I tell the kids to clean their room and they forget to check under the bed...I've met some powerful dust bunnies under there! I wonder if our God looks under the artery and tugs at a vein and yells, "Hey Mair, you've missed something!"

Sometimes our biggest problems come when we are standing in that Light and people we love are in darkness. That light can be pretty darn bright! Kinda' like Gizmo shouting, "Bright light!" it can repel people like a gremlin.  What should not shock us is when said gremlin tries to confuse us back. Don't be surprised at the lengths he will go to either. Every form of manipulation and offense just might come hurling your way. Your own words may be twisted, your actions questioned and your decision making brought into play.

"For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." (2 Timothy 1:7) NAKJ

That sound mind, I think gives us permission to pop that gremlin into a microwave and watch it blow up.  I suppose this all means that we should know the Truth when we see it. But being all flesh and such, we'll miss it sometimes just because if we were already perfected, we wouldn't be here anymore. In the meantime, get out the blender and hit puree....

No comments: