HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gifted and blessed....

That is what I am. I have been blessed by gifts beyond compare. I was teasing John this morning about his work schedule and the fact that he is never home at the moment. He reminded me of my post about him being home like the plague....evidently he reads here! No, I am never satisfied. Sigh.

But yesterday, I found myself blessed just to be. Nothing extraordinary happened. Yeah, the usual. Five week reports, and who needs to step up the grades. Ministering to my Brennan~remember Junior High? No, me neither. Never went. I was suppose to be protected in that little school I went to. What I do remember is being called fat, ugly and stupid every day. I think it gave my girl some comfort to know, mommy was not the queen of the ball. I was the kid that hid in the bathroom during lunch. Yup. I was that kid. She knows as much about who I was as she needs to. Not because I am trying to show her up...so she can know that only our God can create beauty from ashes. And He so did in me...no, not in how fantastic I look~ that is the given, duh~but in the scandal my life must be in the Heavenlies. I am a woman, blessed by God with the most amazing life. Glory. Now to get her through one more year of this junior high. We have Jesus, we'll make it.

We mommies have a fight on our hands. I am grateful my kids know I am paying attention. They know, they will get caught just as easily being good as they will be by being rotten. I pray they know that I pray...

And that has been a struggle of late. I have felt as if all I do is come to Him to complain. What I am learning slowly in the season, is that He waits on me. He rises to meet me...wow. He rises to meet me!

"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you;
He rises to show compassion.
For the Lord is a God of justice.
Blessed are all who wait for Him." Isaiah 30:18

That is a win/win! If he "rises" to meet me and I am blessed to "wait for Him" how do I lose? Each morning when I come to Him...He rises. Wow.

There is no formula to being a woman of prayer. It is just a matter of doing it. Not hit or miss, as we have all done. Not just in the shower or the car....but actually waiting to meet a God who promises to rise to meet me to show me compassion. Yeah, that is what a mom needs to hear right now. Not a bad way to meet the middle of the week. Not bad at all.

No comments: