HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Fresh stuff

I wonder if, just maybe, God is trying to give me fresh material for my blog.

It's not like I can ever say "nothing happened today." or anything even remotely like that. And I don't think it is the quiver full of kids we have here either. I have always had a story. Friday, last, is a perfect example of how nothing ever doesn't happen around here.

Up at 4am, make coffee, sit...fall asleep for two hours...

"Mom, it's 6am. Is there lunch for me today?"

"Um, who are you and what are you doing in my house?"

I got up, drank the coffee, made lunch times five and set the children out the door, rather un-eventful.

John's cold was way worse than you can imagine...yes. So he was home all that day. Being a medical professional that I am, I made sure he rested by giving him NyQuil at 9am that morning. He emerged from the bedroom around the same time the kids starting getting home. Interpret away dear bloggy friends but judge not, less...you know the rest. Just being a good wife here and yes, I did go in a take a pulse around noon.

That afternoon I had to go pick up Jack from school to go to the tutor. I jumped in the Honda...dead battery. I transferred all my stuff (coffee, purse, coat, computer stuff for the computer fix it shop to look at, a book, and keys) into the Kia. I headed down the driveway and the transmission began to slip. Let us hope the warranty covers it. I pulled back up the driveway, and right back down. I needed to be able to pull the pick up truck out. I walked back up the driveway, back into the kitchen and announced I would be taking the pick up truck.

"And if anything else goes wrong, I am staying home! Someone does not want me to leave today!"

Yeah. I got out to the truck and had the wrong key.

"Gayhead School."

"Hi. This is Mrs. Schlusser. Jack's mom. Please put Jack on the bus. I am not chancing it."

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing. But thanks."

Sigh. Call to his tutor went about the same way.

How could one lady have so much in one day? Is it just me? I love when I ask someone, "What's new?" and they respond with, "Nothing." Seriously? Nothing? I can't imagine!

Maybe I just have that story teller gene...you know the one I just made up? Was it just a smooch on the Blarney Stone or something less Irish and more French?

And I fear a trend of late. There have been way more "Maryellen Stories" in my life...way less, "Look What He Did Stories." While He is always faithful, I am not.

"Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live. " (Psalm 116:2)

I can just picture Him turning His ear to me. Waiting for me. Listening closely to hear me speak to Him...nothing.

Imagine Him asking, "So Mair, what's new?"and I don't answer for a day, a week, a month.

That would make me full of nothing but blarney.

Excuse me while I tell Him about my day, my plans, my hopes, my failures. He is waiting on me and I know He has great and unsearchable things to tell me back.

xoxoxo

No comments: