HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Monday, February 28, 2011

A grand night...

Well that was fun! House Wyne was a wonderful night. If you want to watch it, it is on Ustream. I am so glad we did it. We saw woman make new commitments to Christ and seasoned Christians take the charge to go tell others. The night raised a little over three hundred dollars for The Potter's House. Not bad at all.
Getting to drop off cupcakes, bibles and money to them the day after the event was the best part of the whole shebang! There is nothing more fun then giving away money!
We have had a lot of "So what's next?" I have no idea! When God put this whole thing on my heart, it came with a vision for a single night. There are some life details that have had to wait until after the event that I get to deal with this week. Not a bad thing...things like, yes, mommy still cooks dinner.
I got to see some things leading up to HW, that I never expected to see. Some of it wonderful.
Some of it ugly as, well, sin. The Beatitudes have taken on a whole new meaning in my life.

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (Matt 5:11-12)

Rejoice and be glad? Yup.

When I was told about a nasty comment that came in about me, my first thought was, "Thank You." Now that is an odd reaction, even for someone odd like me. But it meant that I was on the right track. It meant that I had discerned correctly about staying away from someone, who I knew was full of hate, wrapped up in the bible. And lets face it, the enemy can't live the fruit of the Spirit and so has no self control....his hand was shown and that is a comfort to me. Like I said, odd indeed, even for me.

So I have received both spam and hateful comments...I must be doing something right! Talk about a need for discernment though. I should think it would be easy for a ministry to receive hate mail regularly and just chalk all criticism up to "They hate me because they hate You..." and I should think that is a rather thin line. I have been so convicted to have good men and woman of God around me...and not just the "yes" crowd either. That is just plain dopey. No, there has been some real debate on things and while most things come down to opinion or a denominational tradition, when it comes to my walk, I got me some extraordinarily godly folks to be accountable to.
So House Wyne 2011 is complete...who knows what He has next for all of us. I am going to keep listening because truly, "my expectation comes from Him!"

No comments: