HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So long Facebook...

Today is the first day of Lent... The Catholics will wear ashes. Love that tradition. The pente's will begin a fast. Not sure what the Conservative Baptists will do. Me? Yeah, so long Facebook....Sorry, Mark Z. Not sure if sending this over to Facebook or not is what I am suppose to do, but it is also not something I am going to stress on. I'll be here if you want to find me.
I thought briefly about giving up all things technology...but the truth is, my banking is on here, and e-mail is too. I still have a phone to consider as well...but I can at least enter the rehab of Facebook and Twitter for 40 days...Don't be surprised if on Easter Sunday, I am all over FB/Twitter with proclamations of "HE IS RISEN!"

This morning, instead of heading to the computer, I head to The Word first. John and I have a busy day ahead of us and I wanted my "double edged sword" sharpened before we go off to slay some Dragon-like principalities...How Frank Perreti of us!

"The Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee" (1 Chronicles 28:9).

Given my penchant for an over active imagination, this verse not only gives me comfort, it gives be breadth. Given some of our current battles, I have practiced every conversation and been ready with a plan A, B, and C...

...and eventually bring it to Him. It takes less time now days to turn to Him with my folly, but maybe someday, I'll start with Him, instead of starting with me. You know, the old, "i am" instead of the "He is" thing.

I pray a blessed start of this season for you. For us too! I am expecting that dynamite of prayer and fasting (yes, the fast around here is deeper than just giving up Facebook, duh) to explode a deeper walk with Him. He alone is our provision and I can't wait to meet Him in it, again.

No comments: