HomeAbout MePopular PostsEventsContact Me

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bifoculs and blemishes...

It only took a few hours for me to get use to looking up to see in the distance vs looking down to read with my new glasses. Who says you can't teach an old dog, new tricks! But I have to admit that the pms blemish on my chin kind of threw me this morning. So now I know just how middle my age is. Somewhere between old and new. I kind of like it, not the zits or the glasses, but I like this season of life, non-the-less.

April, they say, is the cruelest month or at least a poet did. Maybe it was Tennyson, but I can't remember. I don't quite understand why it would be considered so cruel, except for the tease of weather, and of course the taxes we get to pay today. But I do have a theory on the cruelness of spring: wardrobe.

It happens to all of us. Do we lay out our spring and summer stuff with the first sign of a sunny day or wear a turtle neck with our carpi's for just a little while? We all know that we are going to face days that are freezing, but there is something about one warm day that makes us all take to short sleeve shirts like ducks to water.

This year I find myself in a bit of a fashion crisis: some of my clothes shrunk during in the winter in the closet. I am not sure how it happened. I think maybe having the heat on during the winter must have steamed my clothes into a smaller size. I have no idea where the vapor for the steam came from, but it is the only thing that makes sense. I know there is no one out there that is going to disagree with me on that, even as I spend the next several weeks counting points...after all, if my clothes are going to shrink, I suppose I must also.

But now, of course I have the added problem of wearing glasses. Will they match my outfits, all of them, or not? What does a girl do with that? I suppose there will be days when I clash...thank Heaven I didn't get the pink frames after all!

Perhaps the poet is correct and April is a bit of a pain. I don't know that I can go to cruel although my little black dress shrinking and all is not very nice. I am off to start a busy day, find my glasses and put ice on my chin.

No comments: